After a very wonderful first year of our community integrated permaculture design course
(PDC), we are now ready to launch year two! This means that we will be offering a new PDC beginning in January, 2013 and running over four long weekends and several stand-alone days throughout 2013. This is your chance to participate in a dynamic and evolving community project in Powell River and to earn your own permaculture design certificate!
Through the course, you will learn the skills you need to design your own space for food production, bio-diversity, effective resource use, creating community and much more. some of the topics included in this course are:
- Permaculture design ethics and principles
- Methods of design and ecological patterns
- Annual and perennial food growing strategies
- Animals in rural and urban areas
- Soil, water, and energy systems
- Appropriate technologies and green building
- Ecosystems and ecological restoration
- Settlement design and community strategies
- Alternative economies and resilience
- And more …!!
Please contact Erin Innes (firstname.lastname@example.org / 778 707 4848) or Ron Berezan (email@example.com / 604 223 4800) for more information.